In Ayurveda , type of the disease is not important but type of the person who has
disease is important. This is a remarkable difference from western medicine where
the primary focus is on the disease. Although two people may suffer from infertility,
their constitution (Prakriti) can be different and therefore each will call for
different remedies. Optimizing fertility is one of the art of Ayurveda Panchakarma
therapies like Abhyanga (whole body massage), Shirodhara, Nasya, etc endows great
deal of physical and mental relaxation.
Regular exercise and yoga promotes added assistance. One should practice pelvic
floor exercises, Padmasan, Mool bandha to strengthen and optimize the functionality
of the desired organs. Also Uttar Basti treatment serves beneficial in cases of
obstructive pathologies, it as well strengthens the muscles of urinary tract and
Rejuvenation and Aphrodisiac treatment plays an important role;Rejuvenation therapy
revitalizes the body and reinforces it internally and externally thus enhances body
endurance and also assists in creating healthier sperms.
Aphrodisiac Therapies are of 3 types :
- Sperm generating or enhancing sperm count.
- Those which helps in ejaculation of seminal fluid.
- Medicines which serve both the above purpose.
Medicines like Shatavari, Nagbala, Bala, Musali, Aswagandha, Milk, Ghee, Haritaki,
Amla, Yastimadhu, Pippali, Shatavari kalpa plays an essential role in improving
count of efficient sperms. Kapikacchu, Vidari, Gokshur, Shatavari, Ashwagandha,
Bruhati phala, medicinal preparations like Vrushya vati, Shilajatu, Vanari kalpa
cures problems related to Semen ejaculation. Gokshur, Ashwagandha, Musali, Kapikacchu,
Pippali, Milk, Ghee, Fruits and fruit juices; and the most important aspect – pleasant
relaxed state of mind is the key ingredient to treat infertility.
All the above mentioned medicines can be used in powder form, or for superior results
they should be used in the form of medicated milk or ghee, Because oleation and
revitalization of cells is an integral part of the treatment.
Necessary Diet Modifications :
- Fresh, organic fruits, fruit juices and vegetables.
- Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dates, figs, apricots, and raisins.
- Milk , milk-date shake, dry fruits shake can also be cherished.
- Dairy products like cream, lassi, butter; especially intake of Milk and Ghee should
be increased. They can be taken plainly, or in medicated form.
- Non-vegetarians can include preparations of eggs, meat (Goat meat), rooster. Soups
increases appetite and also provides desired nutrition.
- Rice pudding or vermicelle pudding, sweet preparation of suji in ghee is also beneficial.
- Spices such as ajwain powder, cumin, turmeric cleanses the genitourinary tract.
- Include coconut and coconut milk in your diet.
A big “NO” to Smoking and Alcohol consumption is must. You should always attend
the natural urges.
There are still many medicines depending upon an individual body constitution, all
the above recommended medicines should be taken under consultation of Ayurvedic