Ayurveda suggests many natural preparations that help to increase iron and calcium
in the body without causing any side effect. It is really important that you take
natural iron and calcium preparations regularly to avoid hair loss, back ache, weakness
in joints and bones which are common after childbirth.
Natural suppliments offer three main benefits over artificial supplements:
- Greater nutrition Natural suppliments are complex, containing a variety of
the micronutrients your body needs — not just one. Amala (Indian gooseberry), for
example, provides vitamin C plus some beta carotene, calcium and other nutrients.
A vitamin C supplement lacks these other micronutrients.
- Essential fiber Natural suppliments such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables,
herbs and legumes, provide dietary fiber. Most high-fiber foods are also packed
with other essential nutrients. Fiber, as part of a healthy diet, can help prevent
certain diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and it can also help
- Protective substances Natural suppliments contain other substances important
for good health. Satavari (asparagus ), for example, contain naturally occurring
substances called phytochemicals, which may help protect you against cancer, heart
disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. Many are also good sources of antioxidants
— substances that slow down oxidation, a natural process that leads to cell and
Streach Mark care:
From around the beginning of the third month of pregnancy it is advisable to start
using oils infused with herbs which check the development of streachmark.
From the beginning of pregnancy, the breasts are evolvingFrom the beginning of pregnancy,
the breasts are evolving and preparing for the arrival of the baby. Pregnancy hormones
play a vital role and cause a number of changes in the breasts:
- Growth and enlargement – due to the increased blood flow in the breasts, they may
feel swollen, sore and tingly.
- Tenderness of the breasts – it usually occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Darkening of nipples and areolas (the skin around the nipples), due to hormones
that affect pigmentation of the skin.
- Darkened veins along the breasts due to increased blood supply to the breasts.
- The breasts may start leaking a yellowish, thick substance known as colostrum.
- Protruding nipples and the areolas and nipples will grow larger
- A well-fitting support bra should be worn at all times. This will provide good support
for the enlarging breasts.
- The breasts should be washed daily (without soap) to remove dried colostrum and
to prevent irritation to the nipples
- Massage your breast lightly with herbal oil for 5 to 10 minutes every day. After
the first trimester this can be done twice or thrice a week during whole pregnancy.
This helps reduce sagging of the breast after the baby has been weaned.